Practical Management of Recumbent Large Animals
One Day Workshop – £195 Per Person
This foundation module is open to a range of people from veterinarians and veterinary nurses to welfare charities or those managing an animal facility.
The practical workshop features techniques that form the cornerstone of preparedness for emergency responders worldwide and is open to those who want to gain a better understanding of assisting large animals in crisis or who are expected to manage recumbent equines or livestock as part of their role.
Highly practical using life-size and realistically weighted mannequins, delegates will learn how to manoeuvre large animals manually and on a glide, plus participate in a range of scenarios developed from real life situations.
On the day you will be guided by one of BARTA’s animal rescue team leaders and benefit from their experience and insight gained attending incidents involving animals working for the Fire and Rescue Service.
Key learning Points:
- Managing situations and creating casualty centred plans
- Demonstrating techniques developed through worldwide collaboration and used throughout the UK rescue services
- Understanding how to apply the most appropriate technique for the circumstances
- Utilising resources based on knowledge of capabilities and limitations
- Working as a team with safety uppermost in decision making
Location: Horse Trust, Slad Lane, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, HP27 0PP or contact BARTA to discuss delivery at a venue of your choice.
If you would like any further information on our workshops or any other bespoke training and educational programmes that BARTA can provide: firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop qualifies for 7 hours of CPD