Our Incidents Involving Canines module is suitable for emergency responders who are required to assess and interact with canines as part of their operational role.
The highly practical and incident focussed workshop will provide delegates with skills to recognise canine behaviours and utilise techniques and approach that maximise safety for personnel and promote welfare of the animal.
Key areas of learning include:
- Overview of why dogs become dangerous, including warning signs
- What you need to know about health and safety
- The law and how it impacts on you
- Situational awareness and your approach to dealing with dogs
- Risk assessing and planning your actions every time you deal with dogs
- The importance of teamwork and a managed coordinated approach
- Practical welfare centred techniques learnt through demonstration, hands on practice and scenario based activities
1 day (Maximum 8 Delegates)
Programmed courses are held in Kent
Public sector and voluntary emergency responders (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Coastguard, Mountain Rescue and similar organisations)
Subject to government restrictions our programmed events are planned for;
- Awaiting confirmation of dates for 2022
Alternatively contact us to arrange training for larger groups which can be held at your own secure, risk assessed site.
Cost per Delegate:
- Standard rate £589
- Public sector discounted rate £354
Further concessionary rates may apply, contact us to discuss your organisational needs.