The BARTA Incidents Involving Equines module is delivered in partnership with the Knowledge and Skills team at The Horse Trust. This safety and welfare training is essential for emergency responders who may be required to assess and interact with equines as part of their operational role.
Highly practical and incident focused, the workshop will provide delegates with skills to recognise equine behaviours and utilise techniques and approach that maximise safety for personnel and promote welfare of the animal.
Key areas of learning include:
- Health and safety around equines
- The law and how it impacts on you
- Situational awareness and managing equine incidents
- Risk assessing and planning actions every time you deal with equines
- The importance of teamwork and a managed coordinated approach
- Recognising equine behaviours
- Practical welfare centred techniques learnt through demonstration, hands on practice and scenario based activities
Duration: 1 day (Maximum 12 Delegates)
Location: The Horse Trust, Buckinghamshire
Prerequisite: Public sector and voluntary emergency responders (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Coastguard, Mountain Rescue and similar organisations)