BARTA’s Large Animal Rescue Responder, rescue techniques module is linked to the knowledge and understanding required to satisfy fire and rescue service national operational guidance and national occupational standards.
Key areas of learning include:
- Situational Awareness: Common species encountered, environments, impact of people and legislation applicable to the first responder
- Casualty Centred Rescue: Tactical use of chemical control and anatomical considerations for chosen rescue techniques
- Rescue Techniques: Manual and mechanical rescue techniques
- Case Studies and Scenarios: Application of learning through table top and practical scenarios
Duration: 2 days (Maximum 12 Delegates)
Eligible candidates: Delegates may attend from agencies with an organised response model for dealing with incidents involving large animals
Prerequisite: Eligible candidates will have completed BARTA’s initial training, 10 Steps to Situational Awareness in preparation for this course
Available dates: Subject to government covid-19 restrictions our programmed events are planned for;
All 9 dates for Large Animal Rescue Responder courses in 2022 are now fully booked.
Please contact us directly to if you wish to discuss potential additional dates for responder training in 2022/23.
Cost per delegate:
- Standard rate £1152
- Public Services discounted rate £691
Further concessionary rates may apply, contact us to discuss your organisational needs.