The BARTA Equine Encounters Intermediate module is delivered in partnership with the Knowledge and Skills team at The Horse Trust. This safety and welfare training is essential for emergency responders who may be required to assess and interact with equines as part of their operational role.
Highly practical and incident focused, the workshop will provide delegates with skills to recognise equine behaviours and utilise techniques and approach that maximise safety for personnel and promote welfare of the animal.
Key learning areas of learning include:
- Health and safety around equines
- The law and how it impacts on you
- Situational awareness and managing equine incidents
- Risk assessing and planning actions every time you deal with equines
- The importance of teamwork and a managed coordinated approach
- Recognising equine behaviours
- Practical welfare centred techniques learnt through demonstration, hands on practice and scenario based activities
Duration: 1 day (Maximum 12 Delegates)
Prerequisite: Public sector and voluntary emergency responders (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Coastguard, Mountain Rescue and similar organisations)
Subject to government covid-19 restrictions our programmed events are planned for;
- 22nd February 2021 – Cancelled due to covid-19 restrictions
- New dates will be added shortly
Cost per Delegate:
- Standard rate £600
- Public sector discounted rate £360
Further concessionary rates may apply, contact us to discuss your organisational needs.