Large Animal Rescue – Team Leader
(Equivalent Fire and Rescue Service AR3 level)
This advanced level course will equip large animal rescue team leaders with situational awareness and skills to safely manage a team at incidents involving large animals and develop tactical plans in conjunction with veterinary professionals, leading to safer, welfare driven outcomes.
Key areas of learning, linked to requirements of the Fire and Rescue Service National Operational Guidance will include:
- Situational Awareness: Common species encountered, environments, impact of people and legislation applicable to the first responder
- Casualty centred rescue:Tactical use of chemical control and anatomical considerations for chosen rescue techniques
- Advanced practical equine skills: Planning safe capture, loading, evacuation and corralling of equines in emergencies and disasters
- Transportation: Understanding of common transportation vehicle configurations and considerations for rescue
- Case studies and scenarios: Application of learning through table top and practical scenarios
Duration: 4 days (Maximum 12 delegates)
Location: BARTA training facility, The Horse Trust, Buckinghamshire
Prerequisite: Eligible candidates will have completed three prior intermediate level modules; Equine Encounters, Livestock Encounters and Large Animal Rescue Responder or an AR2 course aligned with CFOA / NFCC Animal Rescue Practitioners Forum syllabus / learning outcomes.
Due to government restrictions in place for Coronavirus the publicised dates have changed and we are tentatively looking at running courses in September and November 2020.
Contact us for costs, concessionary rates apply to public sector responders, for details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org