BARTA’s Veterinary In Practice Initial module is designed to prepare large animal practices for supporting incidents involving animals through a whole team approach.
A multi agency emergency incident can be quite daunting if a veterinary responder has no prior understanding of what will be happening and how they fit in.
It is important that everyone at the practice is aware of what is required in order to support responding professionals, provide business continuity and understand the kind of support responders may need following an incident.
Key learning areas of learning include:
- Emergency Services capabilities and likely resources
- Receiving a call from an emergency services control room
- Attitudes and behaviours of both humans and animals at incidents
- Veterinary PPE and equipment on scene and important safety matters
- The vets role on scene and managing a casualty centred rescue
- The importance of post incident debrief, support and responder welfare
Duration: 1/2 day, no limit to delegate numbers
Location: In regional locations with meeting facilities
Eligible candidates: All members of large animal veterinary practices
Contact us for flexible delivery options based around practice operating needs