BARTA Working Groups
BARTA working groups are made up of experts from our stakeholder agencies and associations.
Focus of the groups and participants are directed by current workstreams, set by the BARTA Board following consultation with industry and sector leads to determine priorities and objectives.
BARTA advice and direction will, wherever possible be evidence based or a consensus opinion by industry leads.
The terms of reference for the working groups are:
- Review industry requirements following stakeholder engagement
- Identify appropriate expertise from stakeholder organisations to support workstreams
- Collaborate with industry leads to support a standard approach across agencies
- Oversee development of materials and resources with appropriate methods of delivery ready for stakeholder sign off
Groups formally established by BARTA are;
- BARTA Small Animal Working Group
- BARTA Large Animal Working Group
Barta also supports the National Fire Chiefs Council, Animal Rescue Practitioners Forum (ARPF).
The membership of the ARPF is made up of animal rescue specialists from fire and rescue services throughout the UK. The forum is currently chaired by Steve Buchanan-Lee – Head of Training in West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.