Veterinary Responder Initial
Two Hour In Practice Workshop – £500*
Veterinary attendance is a key component of an incident involving large animals. This BARTA workshop will prepare the whole practice in supporting veterinary responders to carryout their professional role within a multi-agency incident environment.
The key learning points are;
- Introduction to BARTA and their national coordinating role for incidents involving animals
- An insight into your local Fire and Rescue Services animal incident response capabilities and resources
- What to expect when receiving a call to attend an incident from an emergency services control room
- A look at the attitudes and behaviours of both humans and animals at incidents
- A look at Veterinary PPE and equipment requirements on scene and why your safety matters
- The vets role on scene and managing a casualty centred rescue
- The importance of post incident debrief, support and welfare
Lead by an experienced BARTA Animal Rescue Tactical Advisor, the workshop provides an introduction to rescue and trauma care within an emergency service response context.
The classroom based workshop supports the requirement for rescue training within the Equine Practice Standards Scheme.
Contact us for flexible delivery options based around your practice operating needs.
*Price includes a BARTA Veterinary Response Kit Bag for the practice.
For more information on course dates and costs please contact: email@example.com