Equine Encounters – Initial
Our Equine Encounters Initial module is suitable for emergency responders who are required to assess and interact with equines as part of their operational role.
The highly practical and incident focused workshop will provide delegates with skills to recognise equine behaviours and utilise techniques and approach that maximise safety for personnel and promote welfare of the animal.
BARTA are pleased to offer this workshop in partnership with The Horse Trust.
Key areas of learning include:
- What you need to know about health and safety around equines
- The law and how it impacts on you
- Situational awareness and managing equine incidents
- Risk assessing and planning your actions every time you deal with equines
- The importance of teamwork and a managed coordinated approach
- Recognising equine behaviours
- Practical welfare centred handling techniques learnt through demonstration, hands on practice and scenario based activities
Duration: 1 day (Maximum 12 Delegates)
Location: The Horse Trust Site, Speen, Buckinghamshire
Prerequisite: Public sector and voluntary emergency responders (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Coastguard, Mountain Rescue and similar organisations)
Availability: Contact us for potential dates and costs, concessionary rates apply to public sector responders and charities.