Equine Encounters – Initial
One Day Workshop £160 per person (maximum 10 people)
Designed to support our work in ensuring not only emergency responders, but all those dealing with incidents involving equines are provided with both training and standardisation of techniques and in turn achieving a wide scale seamless, professional approach to dealing with all incidents involving animals.
BARTA are pleased to offer this workshop in partnership with The Horse Trust.
The initial level of our Equine Encounter range of courses is suitable for those people that might come into contact with equines during their normal working day. This highly practical workshop is suitable for yard staff, welfare groups and all emergency responders.
Providing delegates with the skills to recognise equine behaviours and adapt the basic control and handling techniques and the right way to approach taught on the workshop, to ensure their own personal safety in the workplace and provide the best possible welfare for the equines they deal with.
Key learning Points
The workshop is normally held at the Horse Trust site or at a suitable, risk assessed, location of your own choice. During the workshop we will cover a wide range of topics and the key learning points are;
- What you need to know about health and safety around equines
- The law and how it impacts on you
- Situational awareness and managing equine incidents
- Risk assessing and planning your actions every time you deal with equines
- The importance of teamwork and a managed coordinated approach
- Recognising equine behaviours
- Practical welfare centred techniques learnt through demonstration, hands on practice and scenario based activities
Please contact BARTA if you would like any further information on the workshop or other tailored modules for your organisation on: firstname.lastname@example.org